TRANSPORT RISK MANAGER
Location: Cape Town
Our Transport client is looking for an experienced Transport Risk and Security Manager to join their Cape Town team.
Designation requires travelling.
- Maintain and manage a governance framework and a strategy for investigations within the Business.
- Manage all Security related matters / incidents and ensure compliance on the latter within the business.
- Continuously assessing the risks and threats to the business and establish early warning intelligence pertaining to geographical and human threats (strikes, local protests etc.)
- Ensure effective and prompt response to Client’s requests on matters requiring investigation.
- Conduct investigations effectively and with intense attention to detail.
- Ensure compliance with relevant Legislative Acts and Security standards.
- Support and advise the Branches / Sites on the Security processes across the business.
- Ensure that Security staff have been trained sufficiently to operate effectively and efficiently and have the SOP’s signed and acknowledge by all Security officers.
- Manage the security on site.
- Maintain a positive and workable relationship between Operations and the Risk Department
- Managing losses, claims and shortages in conjunction with other departments to mitigate the latter within the business on a daily basis
- To present, manage and control future, more cost-effective strategies and or innovations to mitigate risk within the business.
- To respond to any eventuality during or after hours
- To manage and control CCTV systems and controllers
- To conduct weekly route, branch, and vehicle audits
- To be able to build and maintain an extensive intelligence network
- Previous SAPS experience will be required.
- A Diploma / Degree in Security or Risk Management will be an advantage.
- At least 5 years experience in a managerial role.
- Registration with PSIRA Grade A.
- Ability to liaise with various stakeholders such as SAPS, Metro / Traffic Departments, External Service Suppliers, and other Security / Risk entities.
- Proven investigation and report writing experience, preferably SAPS Detective Experience
- Must be able to work after hours, weekends & Public Holidays.
- Must be willing to travel extensively
- Stress tolerant and confident.
- Must have a valid Driver’s Licence.
Please note: shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.
By applying to this advert you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accept the following Protection of Personal Information ACT (POPIA) disclaimer: I hereby consent for Futurelink to process my personal information as part of the recruitment process, which will be done in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (4 of 2013) (POPI) https://futurelinkglobal.com/privacy-policy/