TRADE ACCOUNTANT [COMMODITIES]
Location: Somerset West
Our client based in Somerset West is looking for a Trade Accountant to join their well-established, trusted, and highly successful corporate commodity trading company to provide support in handling various purchases, sales, and freight of commodities.
Tasks typically include inputting transactions into system, troubleshooting concerns on various transactions and loads, working with customers, and monitoring accounts receivable and payable. May work on special projects as needed. Prepare reporting for trading desk. Ability to understand business and operate/maintain the business systems applications.
- Coordinate invoicing and inventory control for all assigned loads
- Maintain contact with assigned customer accounts
- Data entry and management of all assigned customer orders and loads
- Manage assigned customer problems with load queries
- Maintain current and up to date daily and various customer/management reports
- Demonstrate regular attendance and timeliness in reporting to work
- Accounts receivables and problem resolution
- Sales and accounting support as assigned
- Other general administrative duties as assigned
- Reconciliations of debtors and creditors
- Truck check ins and contract specifications
- Loading and offloading instructions and arrangements
- Coordinate with carriers and suppliers and schedule accordingly
- Communications between customer and supplier
- Contract management
- Collecting weighbridge slips as assigned
- Updating sheets/management
- Sending debtors statements, monitoring payments and overdue debtors follow ups
- Monthly Nedbank audits
- Debtors, creditors and carriers application follow ups.
- POD’s as assigned
- Diploma/Degree in Accounting/ Administration and/or equivalent professional work experience in related field required
- Strong Microsoft Office Excel skills
- Approx. 1+ years’ experience in a trading environment preferred, or 3+ years in a business environment
- Prior experience with accounts receivable or collections preferredy.
Please note: shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.
By applying to this advert you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accept the following Protection of Personal Information ACT (POPIA) disclaimer: I hereby consent for Futurelink to process my personal information as part of the recruitment process, which will be done in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (4 of 2013) (POPI) https://futurelinkglobal.com/privacy-policy/