TECHNICAL MANAGER [MANUFACTURING / DESIGN / R&D]
Location: Durban North
Our manufacturing client based in Durban is looking for a Technical Manager to oversee their design department.
- Oversee Design department and related activities.
- Manage projects from the development phase to final completion and ensure they are completed as per service delivery requirements.
- Implement and manage efficient production processes to meet customer demands and deadlines.
- Ensure compliance with applicable quality and safety standards and regulations.
- Oversee customer complaints, investigate issues, and work with the design department to address any issues.
- Develop and implement safety procedures and processes to ensure a safe working environment.
- Monitor and review quality control processes to ensure all products meet set standards.
- Facilitate preparation of accurate bill of materials for purchasing and stock control.
- Oversee products are engineered for efficient manufacturing and cost effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the industry.
- Manage and lead a team of technical and design professionals.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any technical issues.
- Support sales team with training and technical support to stay abreast of developments.
- Compile budgets on an annual basis and oversee capex and opex projects/costs.
- Ensure subcontractors carry out maintenance according to the requirements of the SLAs.
- Keep up to date with the latest industry trends and technologies.
- Manage site utilities usage and consumption.
- Oversee planned maintenance, asset registers and the ordering of critical spares.
- Monthly management reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- Government Certificate of Competency advantageous.
- 5 - 10 years experience in a highly technical/heavy engineering manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Solid Works or CAD design software.
- Knowledge of OSHA Act & Safety systems & practices.
- Track record in product development and innovation.
- Possess strong leadership qualities and a customer centric outlook.
- Excellent communication skills and relationship management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Please note: shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.
By applying to this advert you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accept the following Protection of Personal Information ACT (POPIA) disclaimer: I hereby consent for Futurelink to process my personal information as part of the recruitment process, which will be done in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (4 of 2013) (POPI) https://futurelinkglobal.com/privacy-policy/