TECHNICAL MANAGER [CHEMICAL MANUFACTURING]
Our manufacturing client based in Durban is looking for a Technical Manager to join their team. This incumbent needs to have a strong chemical background and will oversee the quality, R&D and customer technical support departments.
- Develop & establish products in accordance with the need of the customer to satisfy both product application and product cost targets.
- Ensure product compliance as per standards, processes and guidelines within the area of responsibility in consideration of defined Group standards and guideline as per regulatory
- Analysis of market needs which influencing product/ technology developments as well as ensure cooperation and information sharing between R&D, technical service & sales force.
- Develop and implement business plans and objectives within the area of responsibility in consideration of overall BU Technology and regional strategy.
- Development of regional technical capabilities as well as ensure know how transfer within the region.
- Define and coordinate adjustments for regional product portfolio and technology in cooperation with Group technology.
- Advice and consult customer and affiliates on technology/ product issues.
- Provide support to production/ operation, QC & application teams to ensure the consistent products are being delivered to the market.
- Work closely with procurement team to develop new vendors/ suppliers to generate alternate and low cost materials.
- Identify and implement cost reduction projects with procurement team.
- Consistently analyse existing products with a view to improving functionality and reducing product cost.
- Efficient project and resources management to achieve defined solutions in consideration of time, costs and performance - and report and communicate the same with fact and figures.
- MSc Chemistry/ or M. Tech/ or PhD/ analytical chemistry or equivalent.
- 10-15 years of experience chemical / polymer industry with excellent knowledge on Analytical techniques and Regulatory / Product safety.
- Good knowledge of chemical industry.
- Good knowledge of various lab / R&D equipments.
- Analytical thinking & Presentation skills.
- Inter-departmental collaboration & communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- Results driven.
- Innovative thinking.
Please note: shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.
By applying to this advert you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accept the following Protection of Personal Information ACT (POPIA) disclaimer: I hereby consent for Futurelink to process my personal information as part of the recruitment process, which will be done in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (4 of 2013) (POPI) https://futurelinkglobal.com/privacy-policy/