STORES SUPERVISOR [MANUFACTURING]
Our manufacturing client based in Durban is looking for a Stores Supervisor to join their Supply Chain team.
- Plan and execute monthly stock take procedures and investigate variances.
- Implement and maintain policies and procedures related to inventory control.
- Establish and execute cycle count schedule in compliance with the company objectives.
- Maintain the cycle count records and provide reports related to cycle count activity.
- Oversee the inventory areas by organizing and maintaining efficient material handling and storage.
- Ensure the highest level of housekeeping is maintained at all times.
- Oversee binning and labelling procedures.
- Maintain good stock management practices to ensure efficient stock levels.
- Investigate and eliminate material shortages to production.
- Monitor and assist expeditors with suppliers and customers.
- Co-ordinate damaged and defective products and ensure it is handled as per comapny procedures.
- Manage and eliminate all obsolete and reject stock holdings.
- Ensure that all goods received are checked for quality and quantity and GRN’d onto the system.
- Audit receiving/issuing processes and eliminate inconsistencies that affect inventory accuracy.
- Hold staff meetings with Stores personnel.
- Coach and mentor Stores personnel and oversee their performance and training.
- Supply chain related degree or diploma.
- Preferably 3 year’s experience within a manufacturing or warehousing environment.
- Basic lean manufacturing knowledge is advantageous.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience working on ERP systems crucial.
- Experience with Syspro ERP is advantageous.
- Proven ability to lead and supervise a team.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days for interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.