STORES AND LOGISTICS MANAGER
Our Client, based in Silverton Pretoria, is looking for a Logistics Manager/Coordinator who can lead the supply chain process and provide excellent service to customers. Candidate will manage the supply chain process from Supplier to Customer while optimising processes.
- Promote continuous improvement of methods, procedures and processes within the Logistics attributes.
- Continuously analyse the supply chain for inefficiencies, performance issues or logistical problems and devise plans and recommendations to solve them.
- Provide the best service possible by addressing problems and responding to customer inquiries.
- Develop and maintain an excellent business relationship with vendors, retailers, and customers.
- Handle incoming calls regarding shipment ETA's, or complaints by customers due to shortages.
- Notify customers if shipments are delayed and liaise & negotiate on behalf of the Company if any shipping complaints, lost items or damages incur.
- Supervise all incoming shipments and ensure they are intact and accurate.
- Review, verify and reconcile shipment documents such as invoices and packing lists.
- Manage inbound and outbound docks, to assist in loading/unloading, sorting & stocking ensuring items are properly scanned and accounted for in an organized manner.
- Register and maintain shipment data like space availability, charges, damages, and weights.
- Supervise the orders and make adjustments to keep the stock levels sufficient, maintaining a digital database of all shipment details.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels & delivery times.
- Oversee the product storage, handling & distribution, monitoring stock and managing waste. Physically count items and create regular inventory reports to review for accuracy. Protect and control proprietary materials. Arrange the warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments.
- Prepare and maintain supplies for shipping and redesign the movement of goods to maximize value and minimize costs. Monitor the package and labels of products accurately. Supervise, coach and train the warehouse workforce to ensure the smooth run of operations. To manage shifts & motivate the team.
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements.
- Develop and implement policies, safety procedures, and risk management plans.
- Follow industry best practices and safety standards and stay informed of logistics technology advances and apply appropriate technology to improve logistics processes.
- Carry on regular 5S audits to create a continuous improvement cycle.
- Prepare and present reports to the logistics department and higher management.
- Explain proposed solutions to customers, management, or other interested parties through written proposals and oral presentations.
- Undertake necessary clerical duties such as filing document
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics or similar.
- At least 3 - 5 years relevant working experience.
- At least 2 years experience managing a large team
- Sound understanding of customer service & customer needs.
- Tact, diplomacy and calmness, especially when dealing with tired drivers and disgruntled customers.
- Self-driven with a solution-orientated approach
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple project.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for an interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.