Location: Cape Town
Our client, based in Cape Town, is looking for a Shipping/Export Clerk to join their team.
- Liaise with suppliers regarding weights & dimensions of shipments.
- Preparing proformas/invoices including the freight and incoterms.
- Examine shipping documents and verify cargo to be released.
- Record customs clearance requirements and authorise collection of cargo.
- Calculate storage and clearance charges and bill customers.
- Receive details of outgoing cargo and arrange bookings of freight space and collection of goods from customers.
- Provide information to customers on custom tariffs, tariff classifications and concessions, and methods of clearing goods.
- Maintain records of export customer requirements.
- Serve as administrative liaison with others internally and outside the organization regarding issues related to purchasing, facilities, and operations.
- Coordination of export shipments with various customers and suppliers that include distribution, order management, supply planning, and freight forwarders to ensure on time and in full shipments.
- Issue shipping instructions, supplier confirmation, documentation stock, completion of the shipping file cover etc.
- Execute confirmed orders and negotiate shipping/operational requirements.
- Relevant tertiary qualification advantageous.
- At least 6-10 years’ experience in sea, air, and road freight export procedures and requirements.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think critically.
- Strong admin and organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Strong negotiation skills and communication skills when dealing with suppliers or freight companies.
- Fluent in Portuguese advantageous..
Please note: shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.
By applying to this advert you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accept the following Protection of Personal Information ACT (POPIA) disclaimer: I hereby consent for Futurelink to process my personal information as part of the recruitment process, which will be done in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (4 of 2013) (POPI) https://futurelinkglobal.com/privacy-policy/