Location: Cape Town
Our Cape Town Client is looking for an experienced Shipping Coordinator to join their team.
- Bookings for all trades
- Knowledge of reefers and dry cargoes.
- Updating of vessels and voyages/stack dates into system on a daily basis.
- Daily updating of EDI.
- Client rate follow ups on a daily basis.
- Application for acceptance of hazardous cargo/special equipment and stowage requests
- Application for detention and demurrage requests
- Updating of export client stats for all trades
- Export CSR’s for all shipments to be done and approved prior vessel ETD
- For all freight collect shipments – send email to respective POD.
- TDR Reports.
- Monthly allocation report for all trades
- Sailing schedules forwarded to import/export clients including all major C&F agents.
- Negotiate and quote freight rates upon approval and send to clients when required.
- Assist both import and export clients with queries and transshipment details on both import/export legs.
- Submitting surveys for new trades.
- Advise clients of all new increases of rates/BAF/surcharges, etc
- Attend annual Marketing Conference as required.
- General record keeping and filing
- Relevant shipping course, diploma or degree will be beneficial.
- At least 3 years expericne in a similar role
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of restrictions at various ports and commodities.
Please note: shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.
By applying to this advert you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accept the following Protection of Personal Information ACT (POPIA) disclaimer: I hereby consent for Futurelink to process my personal information as part of the recruitment process, which will be done in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (4 of 2013) (POPI) https://futurelinkglobal.com/privacy-policy/