SHEQ MANAGER - ZIMBABWE [6-MONTH CONTRACT]
Our National client is looking for a SHEQ Manager to join their team on a project-basis (this is a temporary position, so the candidate needs to be available immediately).
The following statements describe the principal functions of this job and its scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including working in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalisea peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload:
Oversees and manages the following duties – performed either by the team or him/herself:
Key Performance Areas-
- Drive the Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality strategy for the company.
- Work with senior management and staff to implement SHEQ strategy.
- Provide assurance and audit role.
- Assist staff and contractors to comply with relevant legislation, client standards and contracts.
- Drive the culture of safety ownership at all level of the organisation.
- Engage staff and managers in continuous improvement in SHEQ performance.
- Work with Executive team to identify key organisation-wide trends/shifts/issues relating to SHEQ that impact on strategy delivery and ensure that effective SHEQ plans are in place to address them.
- Responsible for developing, reviewing and monitoring SHEQ objectives and targets.
- Identify areas of risk and develop measure to eliminate, reduce and control them.
- Prompt report all incidents and accident to management (line, functional and senior).
- Ensure full legislative compliance.
- Investigate all accidents and incidents and report timeous of outcome. Initiate programmes to deal with unsafe working practices.
- Involvement in business planning, strategy and budgets.
- Minimum 8-10 years SHEQ experience (4 years at Senior management).
- Experience in Safety, Health and Environment.
- Knowledge of QA system, best practice management, safety standards and ISO requirements.
- Drivers' license.
- Not currently working, as this is a contract based position.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for an interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.