SALES REPRESENTATIVE - JOHANNESBURG [FMCG]
Our client is looking for a Sales Representative to join their Johannesburg team. The Incumbent will be the first point of contact between the customer and the business and will be responsible for the achievement of sales targets.
- Deliver on aggressive revenue, volume, and margin targets.
- Develop, close, and grow key accounts, building lasting relationships with key stakeholders.
- Manage the end-to-end sales function of customers including projects and marketing activities.
- Examining growth opportunities, enabling sales improvements, product mix development, and taking responsibility for the sectors performance against targets.
- Implementing the business sales strategies that drive revenue and margin generation for the business.
- Analysing sales performance to report sales strategy successes, weaknesses, and opportunities.
- Managing key relationships on behalf of the business with external partners.
- Ongoing new business development.
- Manage and present customer reviews to customers and management. Ensure gaps are identified and addressed.
- Manage contract negotiations and contracts performance.
- Identify and implement customer focused solutions within the channel and align to business strategy.
- Keep customers sales records up to date.
- Understand the customer needs and ensure effective support and problem solving is applied.
- Ensure customer complaints are directed to the relevant internal person.
- Develop and implement a customer calling plan to ensure all customers are seen on a regular basis.
- Increase forward share at store level.
- Ensure stock is stored in a dry and clean environment with limited sunlight and no moisture.
- Ensure stock is rotated at store level based on the FIFO principle.
- Ensure that slow moving products are managed at store level and sales plans are implemented to ensure that no old/expired stock is found in stock.
- Train and educate store staff about products to create instore brand ambassadors.
- Relevant tertiary qualification advantageous.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Sales Rep within the FMCG environment.
- Excellent verbal, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience servicing major clients / accounts (within the FMCG sector).
- Experience calling on major retailers throughout the Johannesburg area.
Please note: shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.
By applying to this advert you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accept the following Protection of Personal Information ACT (POPIA) disclaimer: I hereby consent for Futurelink to process my personal information as part of the recruitment process, which will be done in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (4 of 2013) (POPI) https://futurelinkglobal.com/privacy-policy/