Our client, based in Durban, is looking for a Sales Manager to join their team.
- Develop and implement sales strategies to achieve revenue targets within the Sub-Saharan Africa territory.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities while maintaining strong relationships with existing clients.
- Conduct market research to stay informed about industry trends, customer needs, and competitor activities.
- Collaborate with internal teams to provide accurate and timely product information, pricing, and technical support to customers.
- Prepare and present compelling sales proposals.
- Negotiate contracts and terms to secure profitable deals, ensuring customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Collaborate with dealers and distributors to enhance market presence and ensure effective product distribution.
- Provide regular reports on sales activities, market trends, and competitor analysis to management.
- Attend industry events, trade shows, and conferences to network and promote.
- Respond to sales enquiries and be in contact with existing customers. Main duty is also to research the market and find new opportunities and customers, and to exploit it.
- Entertaining customers is part of the job, and this could imply working after hours.
- Liaises between the admin department and factories with regards to configurations, lead times, pricing, availability, and deliveries.
- Give weekly feedback reports on sales calls and results.
- Actively participate in brainstorming and budgets and give as much input from the customers side as possible, in order to assist the department in growing and improving.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum 6-7 years extensive sales experience within the construction and mining sector.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain client relationships.
- Results-driven with a track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Willingness to travel extensively within the Sub-Saharan Africa territory.
- Familiarity with CRM software for effective sales pipeline managemen
Please note: shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.
By applying to this advert you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accept the following Protection of Personal Information ACT (POPIA) disclaimer: I hereby consent for Futurelink to process my personal information as part of the recruitment process, which will be done in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (4 of 2013) (POPI) https://futurelinkglobal.com/privacy-policy/