RECEIVING MANAGER (RETAIL)
Our Client, based in Waterfall KZN, is looking for a Receiving Manager to join their team. The successful incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that the receiving department runs smoothly and efficiently by managing, directing, controlling and supervising the team to facilitate the successful running of the department.
- Receiving of stock; ensure bulk stock checks are conducted, receive deliveries from relevant suppliers with security present.
- Checks and ensures, invoice information contains accurate information as in accordance to stock received, checks the quality of stock received; damages, expirations and shortages.
- Checks on stock rotation; orders packaging materials and checks on swell allowance and wastage.
- Conduct on-the-job training and coaching to your team by motivating and developing them to achieve objectives & strategies.
- Ensure the team exercises hygiene control and maintain excellent housekeeping protocols in compliance with health departments.
- Ensures the team exercises caution and safety measures are in place at times when equipment is used such as pallet jacks, hysters and lifts. Ensure that relevant equipment is serviced, maintained and kept clean.
- Establish good working relationships your team as well as with suppliers and delivery persons.
- Supervising staff to be efficient warehouse assistants; resolve staff issues when necessary.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a managerial role in the receiving department. (Preferably Supermarket Retail Industry)
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for an interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.