QUALITY & SHEQ MANAGER
Our client in Durban is looking for a Quality & SHEQ Manager to join their team.
- Manage and maintain customer quality by ensuring regular inspections and approval of finished goods.
- Managing the risks and improvement opportunities for product quality.
- Maintain customer focus and product conformity by determining the risks and opportunities that can affect product quality.
- Oversee inspection (examination) of incoming materials, ensuring that they meet requirements.
- Manage the monitoring, measurement, and review of internal processes, especially those that affect the quality of the organisation’s products to ensure customer requirements are fulfilled, by means of internal audits.
- Lead a team of Quality members.
- Responsible for accuracy and timely inspection/calibration of monitoring and measuring devices.
- Keep up on standards, regulations/laws, issues, and news with respect to product (service) quality
- Continuous development and improvement of the company SHEQ policy.
- Manages group health and safety environment management and quality assurance.
- Implements and manages ISO 45001:2018 / ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 9001:2015 throughout the group structures.
- Acting as the appointed management representatives for the ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 certified quality management systems.
- Maintaining ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 certification for the companies in the group.
- Development of PPE specifications for all operations.
- Implement and maintain SHEQ systems policies and procedures in accordance with specified requirements and ensure the companies adherence to all relevant SHEQ legislation.
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating risk management policies and programmes including conducting regular site inspections to check that policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Assisting in developing all the required documentation, operational checks and maintaining records for the SHE Management System.
- Recording and investigating incidents to ensure safe and healthy working conditions.
- Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced as well as keeping records of incidents and accidents and producing statistics for management.
- Ensure regular evaluation and reporting to top management on the performance of the QMS (e.g., results of quality audits, corrective actions, NCRs), including the need for improvement.
- Overall responsibility for all SHEQ activities systems and procedures in the group.
- Relevant tertiary qualification/s
- At least 3 years' experience in a Quality-related role, as well as 3 years' experience in H&S-related role
- At least 5 years' experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
Looking for someone who is:
- A strong team player
- Able to manage, coach, and provide training for direct reports
- Has exceptional organisational and analytical skills
- Has excellent problem-solving skills
- Has good verbal and written communication skills
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for an interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.