PRODUCTION TEAM LEADER - CAPE TOWN [MANUFACTURING/FMCG]
Location: Cape Town
Our chemical manufacturing client is looking for an experienced Production Team Leader to join their team.
- Manage production team.
- Planning shift production to meet weekly production plan, and ensuring all required materials are available before starting production.
- Recording, investigating, and reporting all material and labour variances to the Production Manager, and developing methods to reduce waste on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for the ordering and receiving of material/components as per the daily production plan.
- Responsible for stock-take at period end.
- Communicate effectively with shift production teams on all issues and liaise regularly with the planning and quality department managers. Manage team performance on an ongoing basis.
- Evaluating weekly production plan and ensuring that sufficient raw materials are ordered to enable shift production volumes to meet the planned demand.
- Perform in-process quality checks at defined frequencies, ensuring that the product surpasses the minimum required quality levels.
- Record and report all problems experienced on the production line.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate employee performance.
- Record and investigate all materials and labour variances daily. Develop methods to reduce all wastage within areas under direct control.
- Authorizes the release of the finished product for shipping, i.e., signing off shipping tickets.
- Maintains and keeps a safe and neat working environment.
- Matric with Maths & Science
- Relevant teraity qualification.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a chemical manufacturing environment
- Computer literate
- Must have chemical and manufacturing knowledge and experience
Please note: shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.
By applying to this advert you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accept the following Protection of Personal Information ACT (POPIA) disclaimer: I hereby consent for Futurelink to process my personal information as part of the recruitment process, which will be done in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (4 of 2013) (POPI) https://futurelinkglobal.com/privacy-policy/