Our client in Durban is looking for a Production Supervisor.
- Ensures all delivery commitments are met as required and ensure predetermined production targets are met for his/her department. This includes:
- Communicating job expectations and ensuring production area is correctly and adequately staffed, and that team members are working effeciently. This includes planning and allocating work to employees against the production schedule and authorised changes.
- HR/IR activities such as monitoring work performance, appraising job results, counselling, training, initiating disciplinary hearings, etc. He/she will also be responsible for monitoring time-keeping, absenteeism, etc.
- Ensuring all team members are following health & safety procedures, wearing the correct PPE, etc.
- Creating a positive working environment and team spirit.
- Provides manufacturing information by sorting, initiating, compiling, and analysing production data and report status of production to management on a regular basis, immediately highlight issues (i.e., component and tool shortages) and/or constraints to management. Attending daily/weekly/monthly production meetings and gives a report on bottle necks / achievements within his department.
- Ensures that a high-quality standard is maintained in the department.
- Responsible for initiating and enforcing company systems, procedures and policies.
- Resolves process / operator related problems, liaising with direct manager if problem is not resolved.
- Records, highlights and controls scrap and rework.
- Ensures operation of equipment and tools by enforcing maintenance procedures and calling for repairs on non-working equipment.
- Responsible for managing and controlling his/her tools inventory. Ensures that all required consumables and tools are provided to employees to perform their duties.
- Conducts toolbox talk meetings / pre-shift meeting with his/her team.
- Serves as a member of the department head's management team, communicates key organisational issues to staff and relays employee issues to management.
- Serves as a member of various employee committees as and when required.
- Performs duties of subordinate personnel as needed: - team player, willing to get stuck in if needed.
- Relevant tertiary qualification is advantageous
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a Supervisor
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA standards related to Factory Production work.
- Must have knowledge of ISO 9001 standard and procedures.
- Willing to work extended hours.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for an interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.