Our client based in Durban, is looking for a Production Supervisor to join their team. The successful incumbent will be responsible for the supervision of production within specific production areas, auditing & quality control and the control of materials.
- Material Control
- Responsible for the ordering and receiving of material/component as per the daily production plan.
- Controlling of material usage variances i.e. input vs output.
- Returning of all unused material to Raw Material Stores for credit.
- Responsible for stock-take at period end.
- Plan all end of run changeovers to make the most efficient use of machinery and resources.
- Perform in-process quality checks at defined frequencies, ensuring that the product surpasses the minimum required quality levels.
- Report all deviances from acceptable standards immediately, and take appropriate action to quarantine suspect stock and rectify the problems.
- Ensure that all personnel under direct control, as well as all other persons entering the factory area and maintain GMP conditions.
- Record and investigate all materials and labour variances daily.
- Develop methods to reduce all wastage within areas under direct control.
- Authorises the release of the finished product for shipping, i.e. signing off shipping tickets.
- Ensure the Barcode Verifier is calibrated as per the relevant work instruction.
- Ensure the master sample file is kept up to date concerning new labels that are designed.
- Make sure the completed requisitions are timeously sent to Raw Material Stores for data capture.
- Diploma or Degree in Production/Operations Management or Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years production line experience in a similar role.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office
- Result orientated with a high sense of urgency and proactive.
- Must have strong leadership & coaching skills.
Please note: shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.
By applying to this advert you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accept the following Protection of Personal Information ACT (POPIA) disclaimer: I hereby consent for Futurelink to process my personal information as part of the recruitment process, which will be done in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (4 of 2013) (POPI) https://futurelinkglobal.com/privacy-policy/