PROCUREMENT MANAGER [MANUFACTURING] - GAUTENG
Our Manufacturing client is looking for an experienced Procurement Manager to join their team.
Reporting into a senior member of the Finance Team. The Procurement Manager will be responsible for implementing cost effective purchases of all goods and services required by the company. Ensuring quality control and adhering to the company’s policies and procedures on supply chain management will be some of the main priorities when carrying out this role.
Candidates need to come from a Manufacturing / Engineering background (steel fabrication, consumer goods manufacturing) and have dealt with raw material purchasing up to finished goods.
- Addressing staffing resource needs and supervising a team of stores and dispatch staff. Developing and maintaining constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues and management.
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Negotiating key commercial terms, including pricing, lead times and minimum order quantities.
- Sourcing and engaging new suppliers and vendors.
- Assuming responsibility for the inputs into the Material Requirements Planning system (preferred supplier, lead times, minimum order quantities etc.)
- Raising purchase orders as per the approved Buyers List from the MRP system.
- Maintaining a record of open purchase orders and managing delivery dates against suppliers expected delivery dates.
- Managing consignment stock suppliers.
- Providing first level approval for any price discrepancies.
- Reviewing Purchase Price Variance account and following up on reasons for variances and ensuring correct treatment, in collaboration with Finance Team.
- Placing orders for non-stock related purchases, obtaining quotes and sourcing new suppliers where necessary.
- Ensuring all non-stock purchases have been authorized but the appropriate level of management.
- Create a risk register for procurement activities and a contingency plan detailing mitigation and corrective actions.
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Complying with and maintaining knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Any other functions or work your manager may require you to perform or assist with.
- Analyze and report on supplier performance in terms of pricing, lead time and reliability
- Open purchase order report
- Purchase Price Variance report
- Must have at least Grade 12, with Mathematics and English.
- Relevant tertiary qualification - Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration (advantageous).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Must be technically minded with experience in a technical/manufacturing environment.
- Experience using Pastel Evolution and Xpedite.
- Computer Literacy in Excel, Word and PowerPoint is a must.
- Willing to work extended hours.
- Able to work independently.
- In depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts and negotiating terms.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building.
- Team player.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail orientated.
- Ability to switch from complex to routine tasks when required.
Please note: shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.
By applying to this advert you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accept the following Protection of Personal Information ACT (POPIA) disclaimer: I hereby consent for Futurelink to process my personal information as part of the recruitment process, which will be done in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (4 of 2013) (POPI) https://futurelinkglobal.com/privacy-policy/