PROCESS ENGINEER [PROJECTS]
Our Client, based in Westmead, is looking for an experienced Process Engineer to join their team.
The successful incumbent will also be required to handle any engineering project work as designated by the Site Engineer. The incumbent will be responsible for the leading, planning, tracking and when required conceptualization of project work as designated by senior management.
- Responsible for the leading, planning, tracking and when required the conceptualization of project work as designated by senior management.
- Keeps all safety and health, fire prevention, technical, economic, environmental and legal norms during the complete project.
- Executes the project work activities according to the Quality and Environmental Management System, relevant ISO/SANS standards and Safety and Health regulations.
- Responsible for the investigation into, and implementation of projects for the improvement of cost efficiency within the operations environment, i.e. steam, power, water, compressed air, air conditioning, automation and digitalization of processes.
- Secures the right transference knowledge to the organization in relationship with the Project and ensures effective communication thereof.
- Assures the definition of the right standards in relationship with new projects, e.g. product specification, quality checks, validation routines, CILS, SOP, etc.
- Design parts/systems to improve machine safety, quality, and efficiency where applicable.
- Active technical participant in RCA and TPM program, including problem solving cycles level 2 & 3. Participant in daily and weekly meetings
- Create/amend process piping and instrumentation drawings for production, maintenance, fault finding and project activities from time to time.
- Identifies and makes available the new technologies improvements and performs technology benchmarks between Lines, teams, and other factories.
- Assist with audit preparedness and ensuring engineering documentation and records are up to date and available on request.
- Contributes to continuous improvements and optimization of manufacturing processes in view of current trends and future requirements.
- Setting standards by drawing up specifications and maintenance plans for identified critical production equipment.
- Create and lead technical training for relevant parties when new machine/processes are being commissioned as and when the need arises.
- Engineering degree.
- Project Management qualification would be an added advantage.
- Must have at least 3yrs experience within a same or similar role in a production environment.
- Computer literate in Microsoft office and general project management software.
- Experience in project management.
- Must have a sound working knowledge of the OHS Act and SANS standards
Please note: shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.
By applying to this advert you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accept the following Protection of Personal Information ACT (POPIA) disclaimer: I hereby consent for Futurelink to process my personal information as part of the recruitment process, which will be done in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (4 of 2013) (POPI) https://futurelinkglobal.com/privacy-policy/