Futurelink Flexible Staffing (Pty) Ltd, Registration Number 2018/417308/07 (“Futurelink”)
- For the purposes of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”), the Candidate is a Data Subject, Futurelink is a Responsible Party and this Policy & Consent concerns the Processing of the Candidate’s Personal Information by Futurelink. Unless otherwise defined herein, words with uppercase first letters bear the meaning ascribed to them in POPI.
- Futurelink will collect Personal Information directly from the Candidate by way of the Candidate’s Curriculum Vitae and attachments thereto as provided by the Candidate, in terms of the Candidate’s written and verbal disclosures to Futurelink and in terms of Futurelink’s verification of the Candidate’s educational, identification, credit and criminal records and prior employment references and performance with third parties performed with the Candidate’s consent, which is hereby given.
- Where possible, Futurelink will inform the Candidate what Personal Information the Candidate is required to provide to Futurelink and what Personal Information is optional. All Personal Information required is necessary unless designated as optional.
- Futurelink will Process the Candidate’s Personal Information mainly for and / or by, but not limited to, the purposes of representing the Candidate in the sourcing of interest in the marketplace for the employment of the Candidate; advertising / promoting the Candidate on social media and public platforms; procuring interviews with potential employers of the Candidate (i.e. Clients of Futurelink); verifying the Candidate’s educational, identification, credit and criminal records with third parties; reporting on or disclosing some or all of the said Personal Information to Clients; formal and informal communications with the Candidate, Clients and third parties in verification of the Candidate’s Personal Information, including on-line recorded meetings; contracting with the Candidate and providing services to the Candidate and to carry out transactional / contractual obligations vis a vis the Candidate, contracting with Clients and providing services to them and to carry out transactional / contractual obligations vis a vis the Clients; for reporting, invoicing, receipting, payment, audit and record keeping purposes; for maintaining and improving Candidate and / or Client relationships; in connection with legal proceedings; and in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements to which Futurelink is subject.
- Futurelink will use the Candidate’s Personal Information only for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Futurelink may disclose the Candidate’s Personal Information to its service providers who are involved in the delivery of services in the direct or indirect furtherance of the interests of the Candidate, such as, but not limited to, contracted personnel, employees and subcontracted service providers.
- Futurelink may also disclose the Candidate’s Personal Information under circumstances where Futurelink has a duty or a right to disclose it in terms of law or industry codes; or where Futurelink believes it is necessary to protect its interests.
- The Candidate hereby consents to Futurelink accessing and Processing the Candidate’s Personal Information in the manner and for the purposes described herein. Alternatively, by using Futurelink’s services after having been made aware of or reasonably having had opportunity to become aware of the terms of this Policy & Consent, the Candidate is deemed to have consented to Futurelink accessing and Processing the Candidate’s Personal Information in the manner and for the purposes described herein.
- Futurelink is obliged to provide adequate protection for the Personal Information Futurelink holds and to prevent unauthorized access and use of Personal Information. When Futurelink contracts with third parties, Futurelink imposes appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that Personal Information that Futurelink is responsible for, is kept secure. Futurelink will ensure that anyone to whom Futurelink passes the Candidate’s Personal Information agrees to treat the Personal Information with the same level of protection as Futurelink is obliged to.
- The Candidate has the right to request a copy of his Personal Information held by Futurelink. Futurelink will require to verify the Candidate’s identity before providing details of the Candidate’s Personal Information to him. Any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee. The Candidate may ask Futurelink to update, correct or delete the Candidate’s Personal Information. Futurelink will require to verify the Candidate’s identity before making changes to Personal Information.
- If the Candidate has any queries regarding its Personal Information; wishes to withdraw consent; access or correct the Candidate’s Personal Information, the Candidate must contact Futurelink’s Information Officer.
End of Policy & Consent