OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER [FMCG]
Our client, based in Roodepoort, is looking for an Occupational Health and Safety Officer to join their team.
- Develop, implement, and maintain all programs related to health and safety in the company to ensure compliance with all statutory requirements and achieve certification.
- Identify all health and safety related training needs and schedule this training. Liaise with HR to ensure training records are maintained.
- Coordinate and cheer all OHS meetings.
- Provide management with periodic feedback on the performance of the OHS program.
- Ensure all staff receive the correct PPE according to the risk profile.
- Ensure the risk register and risk assessments are reviewed and updated.
- Coordination and manage communication on OHS in the business.
- Participate in all OHS related audits including ethical compliance audits as the internal SME of OHS.
- Conduct internal monthly audits for the company to ensure deviations are resolved for all audits.
- Take the lead in all workplace incident/accident investigations.
- Manage all workplace incidents and accidents through the Compsol platform.
- Manage staff compliment and ensure ethical work requirements are maintained for all staff.
- Manage training requirements for all packing, warehouse, and logistics staff.
- Ensure consistency of staff discipline is maintained.
- Manage labour requirements to prevent excessive increases in overtime costs.
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by management from time-to-time.
- Relevant tertiary qualification advantageous.
- Minimum 2-3 years expereince within the FMCG sector.
- FFSC certification.
Please note: shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.
By applying to this advert you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accept the following Protection of Personal Information ACT (POPIA) disclaimer: I hereby consent for Futurelink to process my personal information as part of the recruitment process, which will be done in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (4 of 2013) (POPI) https://futurelinkglobal.com/privacy-policy/