NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER [FMCG]
Our client is looking for an experienced National Account Manager to join their team. Role is based in Gauteng, but regular national travel will be required. We are looking for someone with solid experience in the FMCG sector. The successful incumbent will be client / brand centric in their approach - servicing multiple clients / accounts at one time. They will be able to work under pressure, and handle numerous projects / initiatives at one time. They will be deadline driven, and have the ability to coordinate the efforts of multiple teams / departments.
- Establishes clients' supply chain / brand management / sales target needs through the development and maintenance of strategic business relationships.
- Liaises with internal stakeholders to satisfy the needs of the clients; and strategically leads the changes needed with the internal stakeholders - this includes nationally-based Operational
- Team consisting of Managers, Sales Reps, etc.
- Daily interaction and alignment on strategic planning and in-store activity (modern trade).
- Coordinates and controls communication between clients and company in a timely and professional manner: - ensuring expectations are aligned and achieved e.g. sales, promotional and
- new product activity information.
- Management of clients' contracts (incl. negotiation) and KPIs; manages targets and works with the company to achieve these.
- Development and implementation of the necessary tools to enable the effective tracking of each performance measure.
- Reporting; performs data analytics to report on insights for the benefit of improving services.
- Continuously develops client service operations, creating systems and procedures to improve efficiencies within client services.
- Protects revenue and profitabilty by driving national sales and product performance.
- Prepares and manages detailed budgets. Ensures sound management of costs with emphasis on managing payroll costs.
- New business development and client take-on management for operations.
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- At least 7 years experience in FMCG account management (selling to major retailers).
- At least 2 years experience in a senior strategic and operational role.
- Experience managing a large national team.
- Solid computer literacy for reporting purposes (analytics-focused, advanced Excel).
- Experience managing budgets and reporting on results at Exec level.
- Willingness to work retail hours when needed.
- Happy to travel regularly on a national basis.
Please note: shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.
By applying to this advert you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accept the following Protection of Personal Information ACT (POPIA) disclaimer: I hereby consent for Futurelink to process my personal information as part of the recruitment process, which will be done in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (4 of 2013) (POPI) https://futurelinkglobal.com/privacy-policy/