MARKET DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Location: Durban North
Our client based in Durban is looking for a Market Development Manager to join their team and provide business support nationally. The overall, responsibilities of the role revolve around supporting and guiding franchisees, ensuring adherence to brand standards, driving sales and marketing efforts, and providing training for franchisee owners and staff.
- Development and implementation of Franchisee business plans and budgets.
- Oversight of franchisees' performance and adherence to agreed strategies.
- Managing obligations as per Franchise Agreements.
- Monitoring and enforcing corporate identity and brand guidelines.
- Compiling monthly sales reports and competitor activity reports.
- Assisting with issues related to payments and troubleshooting.
- Conducting regular franchisee reviews and offering day-to-day business support.
Sales and Marketing:
- Helping franchisees achieve their strategic objectives.
- Focus on existing and new product ranges.
- Implementing the go-fetch strategy to expand the customer base.
- Contributing to national sales objectives and implementing related activities.
- Assisting in marketing, branding, and sales campaigns.
- Monitoring marketing initiatives and researching competitors and market conditions.
- Identifying new sales and branding opportunities.
- Attending trade shows and events to engage with customers.
- Coordinating with the marketing department for various initiatives.
- Conducting ongoing training for franchise owners and staff.
- Planning and conducting induction training for new franchisees and staff.
- Identifying formal training needs and coordinating training interventions.
- Junior account or franchise management (3-year) or equivalent.
- National Diploma or Degree in Business, Marketing and/or Sales would be advantageous.
- Good knowledge of all Sales and Marketing principles and practices.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to drive and motivate performance.
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to build relationships.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent root cause analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Strong Microsoft office skills.
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours.
- Good attention to detail and able to produce work of a high quality.
- Highly organised with the ability to follow tasks through to completion.
- Self-starter – ability to work unsupervised and manage own time and activities.
Please note: shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.
By applying to this advert you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accept the following Protection of Personal Information ACT (POPIA) disclaimer: I hereby consent for Futurelink to process my personal information as part of the recruitment process, which will be done in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (4 of 2013) (POPI) https://futurelinkglobal.com/privacy-policy/