Our client based in Gauteng is looking for a Maintenance Foreman to join their team.
The successful incumbent would be responsible to plan and schedule daily and weekly maintenance activities for the general mechanics and assigned trades within the Maintenance Department in coordination with Production. The Foreman is also responsible in developing, implementing, and monitoring preventive maintenance programs for mechanical systems, supervises the performance of emergency and routine maintenance in the factory.
- Develop, supervise and manage a team of maintenance technicians
- Conduct trouble shooting on equipment and repairs
- Ordering of maintenance supplies and spares
- Execute assigned mechanical and technical corrective job cards as per the maintenance works list.
- Maintain records of Autonomous and Professional maintenance
- Assist with programming of CNC machinery
- Manage critical equipment spares list
- Conduct Analytical maintenance
- Drive the concept of Equipment Reliability and present relevant data
- Prepare report on Plant availability; equipment lost time and other relevant information as might be required from time to time
- Compile technical maintenance reports using Microsoft Office and other computer programs
- Be involved in equipment selection and installation
- Be proficient with hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and mechanical systems
- Plan scheduled maintenance (Preventative) to minimize plant downtime
- Ensure that critical spares are held in the Engineering Stores
- Ensure that breakdowns are immediately attended to, including after-hours call-outs
- Ensure workshop equipment is maintained in good working order
- Identify minor projects, repairs and refurbishment work that can be performed in-house
- Specify scope of work and source quotations from suppliers for spares and materials
- Manage the engineering personnel through proper guidance, supervision, inspection and discipline
- Ensure planning for and allocation of all maintenance related work
- Plan and coordinate projects in conjunction with the Project Management Engineer
- Formulate a day and night shift roster and manage staff timekeeping
- Purchasing and inventory control.
- Matric or N3 equivalent
- Millwright Trade Test Certification (Red Seal)
- Must have 3-5 years' experience as an Artisan in a maintenance plant (post-apprenticeship)
- Must have 3-5 years' experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have 1-2 years' experience in team leader/supervisory role
- Must have 2 years' experience as a maintenance foreman or similar position
- N6 or N-Dip (advantageous)
- Wiremans License (advantageous)
- Experience on Ms Office
- Knowledge of CNC machines and programming
- Experience running ISO 9001:2008 or 2015
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have a strong personality with excellent people skills
Please note: shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.
By applying to this advert you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accept the following Protection of Personal Information ACT (POPIA) disclaimer: I hereby consent for Futurelink to process my personal information as part of the recruitment process, which will be done in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (4 of 2013) (POPI) https://futurelinkglobal.com/privacy-policy/