LASER MACHINE PROGRAMMER [MANUFACTURING]
Location: Durban North
Our manufacturing client based in Durban is looking for a Laser Machine Programmer to join their fabrication department.
- Interpret work orders, blueprints, sketches, written and verbal instructions to determine job requirements.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspections to verify compliance with specifications.
- Program, maintain and modify work files for all parts to be cut on the laser machine.
- Interpret engineering blueprints to draw (program) flat pattern layouts of parts using CAD/CAM software.
- Make machine and tooling selections to manufacture parts in the most cost-effective manner.
- Prepare detailed standardised work instructions and set-up sheets.
- Maintain the laser machines, assist with first line maintenance and report any maintenance issues.
- Consult with management to resolve manufacturing or assembly problems.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed and adhered to..
- Minimum of 2 years experience programming lasers for sheet metal fabrication.
- Knowledgeable of the properties of materials and the application of mathematics and dimensions to production machinery and tooling.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Inventor, SolidWorks, CAM/CAD and a computerised nesting software like SigmaNEST.
- Ability to troubleshoot program and machine issues.
- Excellent multi-tasking ability, attention to detail and critical thinking.
Please note: shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.
By applying to this advert you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accept the following Protection of Personal Information ACT (POPIA) disclaimer: I hereby consent for Futurelink to process my personal information as part of the recruitment process, which will be done in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (4 of 2013) (POPI) https://futurelinkglobal.com/privacy-policy/