JUNIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR [AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY]
Location: Durban North
Our manufacturing client based in Durban is looking for a Junior Quantity Surveyor to join their Estimations team. Candidates need to be available immediately.
- Analysing and measuring of drawings
- Quantifying Bill of Quantities
- Tender preparation: checking, editing and compiling
- Site meetings
- Financial cost control/monitoring on current projects; assisting Senior QS/Management
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjust budget projections accordingly (assisting Senior QS/Management)
- Price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project (assisting Senior QS/Management)
- Weekly reporting on current and future projects
- Measurement of projects on-site
- Estimating and measurement of estimates
- Determining payment certificates
- Final account and final completion certificates: preparation and submission to client upon completion of project
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as Site Managers, Project Managers, and Site Engineers
- Prepare written reports and correspondence to client
- Assist Sales team with quotes, estimates and sales pack
- Expedite sales pack information
- Liaise between internal departments to gather correct information and documents to complete sales pack
- General administration
- Diploma in QS / BTech in QS or Degree in QS.
- Approx.12 months experience - this can include in-service training.
- Not currently working, as this is a contract based position
- Candidates need to already be living in Durban - as this is a contract position, and doesn't justify relocation.
Please note: shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.
By applying to this advert you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accept the following Protection of Personal Information ACT (POPIA) disclaimer: I hereby consent for Futurelink to process my personal information as part of the recruitment process, which will be done in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (4 of 2013) (POPI) https://futurelinkglobal.com/privacy-policy/