HEAD OF LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
Our Durban based client is looking a learning and development professional to join their team and head up the learning and development department. This role is responsible for driving the strategic objectives and ensuring the legislative compliance of the organisation within the learning and development space.
- Developing and implementing the strategic plans for the learning and development department, in line with the current and evolving learning and development needs and/or priorities of the organisation.
- Collaborating with the senior leadership team to develop training programs and interventions, especially in the area of leadership development.
- Driving the rollout and implementation of a E-learning strategy.
- Managing the development and implementation of learning and development associated policies and procedures.
- Establish and optimise the learning and development delivery channels throughout the organisation.
- Establishing appropriate measures and methods to assess the success and impact of training interventions, including the establishment of the ROI analytics and reporting mechanisms.
- Manage the organisation's learning and development budget.
- Introduce quality control measures to ensure the learning and development department produces consistently high quality training interventions.
- Leading the delivery of the learning and development portfolio and team, including the mentoring and coaching of the learning and development team.
- Ensuring the successful delivery of both accredited and non-accredited training programs in collaboration with departmental heads.
- Oversee all organisational development, coaching, facilitation and training interventions.
- Drive the achievement of BEE and EE skills development targets.
- Oversee the ATR/WSP and discretionary grant process.
- Oversee all learnership and internship programs.
- Oversee the skills audit and onboarding process.
- ODETPD accreditation essential.
- Training and/or HR tertiary qualification required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience in a Contact Centre/BPO environment is essential. International exposure and insurance experience would be advantageous.
- Experience working with SETAs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Strong leadership and strategic skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle pressure and work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Highly organised and excellent attention to detail.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for an interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.