DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER [MANUFACTURING]
Our manufacturing client based in Durban is looking for a Development Engineer to join their team.
- Design new products using 3D and 2D CAE according to company interests.
- Design jigs and specifying the processes required to manufacture the product.
- Provide technical support in the fabrication of models based on an approved concept that can be tested.
- Review the approved concept and deliver specifications and procedures to production.
- Conduct fitments of prototype and off-tool products.
- Satisfy customer requirements in terms of product specifications.
- Recognise product design improvements and document the ECR to ISO standards.
- Maintain budget and costs during the design process..
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Draughting.
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar position.
- Experience in 2D engineering draughting.
- Experience within the automotive environment is preferable.
- CAE software, preferably Catia V5 or SolidWorks experience.
- Familiar with quality systems, preferably ISO 9001 and IATF16949.
Please note: shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days for interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.
By applying to this advert you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accept the following Protection of Personal Information ACT (POPIA) disclaimer: I hereby consent for Futurelink to process my personal information as part of the recruitment process, which will be done in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (4 of 2013) (POPI) https://futurelinkglobal.com/privacy-policy/